The queen of all berries
Blackberries are in my opinion a truly underestimated berry. Although they are just shortly in season they reduce inflammation, boost brain function and are super beneficial for the skin. Aren’t those some pretty amazing characteristics? I guess blackberries have the name “superfood” written all over them.
For this recipe we’ll use them for one of my favorite go-to smoothies when I am super busy or on a run. That means this smoothie only takes up five minutes of your time, cleaning the blender included. Which probably makes it the quickest breakfast I’ve ever made.
Makes one jar
For the smoothie:
- 80g buckwheat
- 125g fresh blackberries
- 50g frozen berries of your choice (I’ve used a mix of blueberries and red currants)
- 200g plant-based milk (I’ve used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp cashewbutter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp plain coconut yoghurt
- fresh cherries (or berries of your choice)
- fresh blackberries
- quinoa pops – optional
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie into your blender. If you have a high speed blender you can mix it right away. If not, let the berries defrost for a few minutes. This will make it easier for your blender to blend it up. Easy as that!
- Arrange in a jar of your choice and top with the coconut yogurt, cherries and berries. Enjoy 🙌🏻
– Marie 😉