Porridge for the win!
If you have been following me on Instagram you might have noticed my huge love for porridge and oatmeal bowls! I have them almost every day for breakfast. Although there was a time I could never imagine eating something warm for breakfast. How about you?
With this recipe I’ll show you how easy and simple a nourishing and healthy porridge bowl can be and most of all: How to make is SUPER CREAMY ?! Let’s get to it!
Ingredients – makes one bowl
For the porridge:
60 g fine-rolled oats
180 ml freshly boiled water
100 ml almond milk or any plant-based milk of your choice
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp white almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice – I even have a tutorial on how to make your own. You’ll find it here.
For the compote:
150 g fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
Fresh berries, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds – optional
1 tbsp nut butter of your choice – optional
- Take a small saucepan, add the fine-rolled oats and the freshly boiled water to it. Mix with a spoon and let sit for about 10 minutes. This will ensure that the oats soak up all the liquid in order to make the porridge really soft and creamy.
- Continue by adding the rest of the ingredients for the porridge and put it to medium heat.
- Meanwhile take a second saucepan or small pot and fill with the frozen raspberries and maple syrup. Put it onto maximum heat.
- Stir both every now and then. Once the porridge turns thicker you can set it aside.
- Wait until all the raspberries have broken down into soft pieces und the consistency is sauce-like. Set aside.
- Take a bowl of your chice and fill it with your porridge, the compote and decorate it as you like it. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe I’d be happy if you leave a comment.
You can share your creation over on Instagram using #therawberryeats and I’ll share you in my stories.
Or mention @therawberry on facebook. I’d be happy to hear from you! ?
See you soon,