Let’s have a cake for all our loves ones
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. But this super easy vegan chocolate with creamy clouds of raspberry frosting covers it all. For you BF, GF or simply for you and your friends and family or any kind of celebration. You won’t believe HOW easy it is to make. It takes literally like 10 minutes of preparations before baking and 10 minutes after and you’re done!
My cake was gone within a day as I shared it with my family and our neighbor’s as well.
But see for yourself. Happy baking and enjoy that chocolate kind of love.
- 200 g spelt flour (the bright one - 630) ⎪for the cake
- 1 tsp baking soda ⎪for the cake
- 1 tsp baking powder ⎪for the cake
- 50 g cacao powder ⎪for the cake
- 1/4 tsp ground tonka bean - substitute with vanilla ⎪for the cake
- 215 g apple sauce ⎪for the cake
- 80 g coconut oil - melted ⎪for the cake
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar ⎪for the cake
- 200 g almond milk - or any other plant-based milk of your choice ⎪for the cake
- 150 g maple syrup ⎪for the cake
- 100 g soft vegan butter in pieces ⎪for the frosting - see note for refined sugar free version
- 200 g confectioners sugar ⎪for the frosting
- 1 tbsp almond milk - or any other plant-based milk of your choice ⎪for the frosting
- 1 tsp raspberry fruit powder ⎪for the frosting
- 1 pomegranate for decoration
Preheat your oven to 180℃/350℉. Grease a round springform (⌀ 20cm / 8 inches) with coconut oil. Set aside.
In a bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground tonka bean and combine with a spoon. Set aside.
In another bowl combine all the other ingredients for the cake - the wet ingredients. Combine very well and add to the dry ingredients. Fold everthing together with a spatula. Make sure not to over mix now. Otherwise the cake won't turn out as fluffy as we want it to.
Fill into the springform and bake for about 45 minutes.
Before the end of baking time punch a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean the cake is done.
Let cool on a cooling rack.
In a bowl or in your blender mix the vegan butter until really creamy. Add confectioner's sugar as well as almond milk and fruit powder.
Spread the frosting evenly over the cake.
Decorate with pomegranate seeds and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an air tight container in your fridge. Holds up to 3 days.
Don't forget to #therawberryeats over on instagram if you remake this one. I'd love to see your recreations. ?
If you want this cake to be refined sugar free simply leave out the frosting and top with 200 g vegan cream cheese that you sweeten with maple syrup. You can also add some fruit powder here.
As promised. It’s super easy and super fluffy. And I’ve decided that I’ll just make another one tomorrow. Maybe with another frosting. Let’s see. Until then: Happy baking ?