Vegan meatballs without meat and no Tofu at all?
How should it work? Once meatballs and what should they be made of? Grass and stones?
No! I can reassure you. These vegan meatballs taste super smoky and spicy and are based on black beans. They make the whole texture a bit like meatballs. There are also all kinds of spices and liquid smoke – liquid smoke. Do you know that? I haven’t tried that in a long time and now I’ve got a taste for it. Highly recommend it to you. Because it gives the vegan dishes without meat a very spicy and smoky taste. Without tasting too much like real meat. I always think that’s really important. Because after 4.5 years of vegan nutrition, you don’t want to taste the right meat. But such an adequate replacement is really nice.
Vegan cooking can be that easy
These vegan meatballs are great to cook for the whole family and go perfectly with rice or pasta. Depending on what you like best. Since the vegan meatballs do not contain gluten, you can also serve them with gluten-free pasta or rice to make the entire dish gluten-free.
Vegan meatballs but no tofu? Nothing easier than this! Let's go, because they are ready so quickly – HERE is the recipe!
- 1 can of black beans ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 onion ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 garlic clove ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 5 tbsp ground flaxseed ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 5 tbsp gluten-free flour or ground flaxseed ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 5 tbsp yeast flakes ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 2 tbsp Italian herbs ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 2 teaspoons of dried tarragon ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder – optional normal paprika powder ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 3 tbsp tomato paste ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 teaspoon mustard ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 teaspoon harissa ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 pinch of salt ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 pinch of pepper ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke ⎮ for the vegan meatballs
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes ⎮ for the sauce
- 5 g dried tomatoes ⎮ for the sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes in pieces ⎮ for the sauce
- 2 tbsp dried oregano ⎮for the sauce
- olive oil
Wash and drain the beans. Put in mixing bowl.
Peel and chop the onion and garlic and put them in the blender along with all the remaining ingredients for our meatless meatballs.
Mix roughly, not too long, otherwise our mixture will be too soft.
Preheat the oven to 275 ℃.
Shape balls with moistened hands.
Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the balls vigorously on all sides. Then give a roasting pan.
Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add the cherry tomatoes to the roaster over the vegan meatballs.
Pour the dried oregano over it and distribute the chunky tomatoes from the can well. Put in the oven and let steep for 30-35 minutes.
In the meantime, cook pasta or rice of your choice.
Serve as you wish.
Don't forget to #therawberryeats over on instagram and tag me @therawberry if you remake this one. I'd love to see your recreations.
Holds up in an airtight cintainer in your fridge for about a week.
That’s how easy it can be! Feel free to save the recipe, print it out, share it with friends and experiment hard in the kitchen. There is nothing better than being creative there!
When will you have these vegan meatballs?
I’m really looking forward to your feedback and I wish you all a wonderful day.