Strawberry Cheesecake –
a classic among all cheesecakes!
Maybe you’ve started to notice my love for cheesecakes already. There are a lot of them on this blog. So there was no excuse to make this super classic one. Strawberry Cheesecake was one of my favorites before I became vegan. But a few days ago I was determined to create a recipe that was definitely as good as the original – if not even better. So there I was: recipe testing in my kitchen. And what I came up with was the most delicious cookie crust, filled with the creamiest cream and I topped it with fresh strawberries. ? Usually I don’t eat while shooting but this time I could hardly restrain myself. And you don’t need to wait any longer. I’ll share it right with you!
What you’ll need:
For one cake – ⌀ 20cm / 8 Inch
For the base:
- 210 g cashewnuts
- 55 g white almonds
- 50 g melted coconut oil
- 30 g shredded choconut
For the cream:
- 200 ml coconut milk (from the can, well shaken)
- 200 g Cashews (soaked in filtered water for about 6 hours, preferably over night)
- 75 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- Start by adding the dry ingredients for the base to your food processor and pulse a few times until everything has broken down into small pieces. Add the melted coconut oil and pulse again. The “cookie dough” should be soft yet thick.
- Take your cake pan an press the dough into it until it’s spread out evenly (have a look at the picture above).
- Wash the food processor and add all the ingredients for the cream. Blend well until it turns super creamy.
- Fill the cream onto the dough and place the cake into the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Defrost 30 minutes prior to eating and decorate with fresh berries.
If you like this recipe I’d be happy if you leave a comment.
You can share your creation over on Instagram using #therawberryeats and I’ll share you in my stories.
Or mention @therawberry on facebook. I’d be happy to hear from you! ?
See you soon,