Strawberry season is coming to an end
but you need to make that one before it’s over:
Tiramisu! Have you ever made it? IT’s super delicious but usually contains dairy and a lot of fat. Nothing bad about fat but we can also take a little less, cut out that dairy and add some berries! Et voila, we have a quick and easy vegan strawberry tiramisu. You would not believe how quick it’s made.
But see for yourself! Enjoy the recipe 😃
This is an easy vegan and healthier version of a classic tiramisu. Just without the alcohol and dairy. See for yourself.
- 150 g vegan cream cheese ⎪for the berry layer
- 100 g fresh strawberries ⎪for the berry layer
- 35 g maple syrup ⎪for the berry layer
- 10 g shredded coconut ⎪for the berry layer
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder ⎪for the berry layer
- 75 g ladyfinger (biscuit - check to see if it's vegan) ⎪for the biscuit layer
- 100 g cashew nuts - soaked overnight ⎪for the coffee layer
- 30 g maple syrup ⎪for the coffee layer
- 3 tbsp almond milk ⎪for the coffee layer
- 1 tbsp tahini ⎪for the coffee layer
- 1 espresso ⎪for the coffee layer
- pinch of salt ⎪for the coffee layer
- fresh berries as topping
Note: Place the cashews in a big bowl with water and leave to soak the night before making the recipe.
In a blender or hand blender place all the ingredients for the berry layer. Mix well until smooth. Divide into two jars.
Crush the ladyfinger biscuit with the back of a big knife or similar tool. Fill into the jars.
Drain and rinse the cashews. Fill into the blender along with the remaining ingredients for the coffee layer. Blend well until smooth.
Fill the coffee layer into the two jars and top with fresh berries. Enjoy.
Holds up to 2-3 days in your fridge. Just make sure to put a lid on those jars.
Don't forget to tag me @therawberry and use #therawberryeats over on Instagram so I can reshare your shot! And I'd love to see your recreations. 🙂
Like I said, it’s easier than it looks like! If you make this recipe I’d be super happy (as always) to see your recreations.
Simply tag me over on Instagram @therawberry. I am looking forward to see your picture.
All the best,