Berries make everything more beautiful. Full of such a super berry vegan cake. Just celebrate. Why not? There weren’t enough parties last year. You could say that in a totally sarcastic way. But unfortunately it is very true. One more reason to pull out the mixing bowl and mixer and get started:
There is something to celebrate! Even if it is the occasion to simply be able to celebrate again. I actually have my birthday this week. I’m really looking forward to it. As a July child, July always has something very magical for me. I love this month. Is that the same for you with your month?
Ever since I was little, my wish has been: strawberry pudding cake for my birthday. They were certainly not vegan back then. But I know that it was really difficult to get good strawberries in mid-July because the season was actually over. There was nothing else than local strawberries 25 years ago. I can’t remember anything else when I was 6 years old. How about you?
That’s why strawberries are still something very special and precious to me today. Berries in general. I just LOVE them! No matter which. My favorite is the strawberries.
And here I have once again put it in the limelight: In my super berry, vegan party cake. There is even a layer of strawberries hidden IN the cake. Hui, you can be curious about that!
What are you celebrating with this vegan cake dressed in white? Gladly in the comments with it!
Have fun remaking this one and remember: uns #therawberryeats over on instagram and tag me @therawberry if you remake this one. I’d love to see your recreations.
Very berry and ready for every occasion. You're doing everything right with this vegan vanilla strawberry dream!
- 400 g spelt flour type 630 ⎮ for the cake batter
- 375 g brown sugar ⎮ for the cake batter
- 4 tbsp cornstarch ⎮ for the cake batter
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder ⎮ for the cake batter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda ⎮ for the cake batter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder ⎮ for the cake batter
- 1 pinch of salt ⎮ for the cake batter
- 375 ml plant-based milk of your choice ⎮ for the cake batter
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar ⎮ for the cake batter
- 75 ml sunflower oil ⎮ for the cake batter
- 300 g fresh or frozen strawberries ⎮ for the filling
- 45 ml maple syrup ⎮ for the filling
- 1 tbsp lemon juice ⎮ for the filling
- 3 tbsp chia seeds ⎮ for the filling
- 150 g cane powdered sugar ⎮ for the frosting
- 125 g vegan butter ⎮ for the frosting
- 100 g vegan cream cheese – natural ⎮ for the frosting
- 25 ml plant-based of your choice ⎮ for the frosting
Preheat the oven to 180 ℃/ 350℉.
Line 2 baking tins á ⌀ 18 cm / 7 inch with baking paper. Put aside.
In a bowl, stir together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, vanilla and salt.
In a second bowl, mix the vegetable milk, apple cider vinegar and sunflower oil well with a hand mixer.
Now pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and stir well with a tablespoon. Just as much as necessary. Otherwise the cake will not be fluffy.
Now distribute the dough on my molds and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the filling. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring regularly, and then simmer.
In a bowl, beat all the ingredients for the frosting with a hand mixer until stiff. Store in the refrigerator.
Make the chopsticks test at the end of the baking time. Let the cakes cool down well. Then remove from the mold.
Prepare the first cake. Then put a “wreath” of frosting on it, in which the filling is then distributed. The frosting wreath so that the filling is beautifully “embedded”.
Put the 2nd cake on top and cover everything in frosting.
Have an amazing party!
Don't forget to #therawberryeats over on instagram and tag me @therawberry if you remake this one. I'd love to see your recreations.
This vegan cake is made pretty quick, as you can see and can be seen quite nicely. When is the next party just around the corner? Get into the comments with it and have fun and enjoy baking.
Find more cake recipes HERE.
Have a wonderful day,
Seen this on Instagram?
Follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration: